Tuesday, March 02, 2004

It's amazing what people think you don't know.

The other day, I was covering a class that didn't have a teacher. The subject was some basic math. The students thought that because I taught computers, I didn't know this subject. As I was explaining it, I heard one of the students say "He knows this stuff!", I laughed, and she said "I thought you didn't know math! I thought you just knew about computers." So I replied, "I know all about computers and math, I just don't know how to read and write!" That got a few laughs, as well as a few strange looks from a few who thought I was serious. But the students actually think that a teacher knows what they teach, nothing else. One told me that she thought another teacher was the smartest because he teaches basic math, reading and writing. "That's THREE things." Funny.

No comments: