Thursday, January 15, 2004

New year, same issues...

Mugg is still annoying. I think it may be her personality. Although she normally acts like a thug, I've seen her try to act "nice" (you can tell she's forcing it). She only seems to do it, when she wants something. That tells me that she knows that her usual behavior puts people off.

Yesterday was a "regular stressful" day. That would be between "regular" and "very stressful". I hear Mugg "Yo! Come here. This thing doesn't work." and she's showing me by tapping one key over and over. I say "Don't do that, it'll only make it worse." And as I'm trying to see what the problem is, she's STILL tapping that key... as I'm trying to fix it. Yes... AS I'm trying to fix it.

Then I see another student is eating some Combos, so I remind her of the policy of not eating at the computers. She tells me that there's "No way" she could drop crumbs on the keyboard. And proceeds to show me by holding her bag of Combos upside-down over the keyboard. Yes... of course crumbs fell. She played it off like they didn't. So I walked over and shook the crumbs out. And she says "See! Most of those are potato chip crumbs! I'm eating Combos." I just look at her and say "Yes... MOST of them." I tell her about another student who was drinking something at another computer and spilled some of her drink, and now that keyboard doesn't work. She says "You should say something then, so people know not to drink at their computer." I just looked at her. Not only are there two big signs that say "ATTENTION. NO Food. NO Drink. NO Exceptions." But I always remind them of the signs. Her friend laughed and said "HELLO! Not only does he say it, but there's a sign right in front of you that says that." Her reply? "Well... I'm hungry. What do you except me to do?" I remind her that she can sit anywhere else, or go outside to the hallway. Her comeback? "Well, I like to eat while I'm doing my work on the computer."

No comments: