Friday, October 10, 2003

Can you not smell yourself?

One of my students smells bad, VERY BAD. She smells like she urinated on herself, and has been wearing the same clothes for a few days, in the middle of summer. Nasty, just nasty. I don't know what it is, everyday she wears different clothes. They look clean. If I was someone else, I'd say something to her. But I try to make everyone feels comfortable in my class. Even if you smell.... BADLY. I'll act like I don't smell anything. But with this lady... whew! There are times I thought I would gag, but I held it in. It wouldn't bother me so much, except that when she asks for help, it's always a bunch of questions right after the other. DAMN! Give me a break between questions or something. Let me get a nice lung-full of clean air, and then I'll be right back to help you.

I just hope it's something that she can correct, not like that's her "normal" body odor. Maybe I'll talk to her one of these days.

No comments: