Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Shrimp returns

I hate the Shrimp. He just annoys me so. If you don't remember, the Shrimp is another teacher who likes to bad-mouth other teachers and whoever he can, as long as he thinks it'll get him ahead, and a friend told me that he was trying to bad-mouth me in the office.

Well, the other day he came to my lab, he was teaching a class in my lab later that night, so he came in a little early. He tried to act friendly, "So how are things?" "Any computers I should watch out for?" and "By the way, was was your class yesterday?" I didn't know what he was talking about. He replied "Oh, nevermind." What happened was that, although he a little guy, he talks in a very passive-aggressive manner. So he told people in the office that if there are any class without an instructor, that they should go to him automatically. Now normally, I don't care, it's not like I'm going to die if I don't pick up an extra class, but this guy acts like it's "kill or be killed". I've even heard him bad-mouthing new teachers just so he'll end up with their classes. I heard him say that another teacher had a "heavy accent that students have trouble understanding" and that "especially computer basic students need to be able to comprehend what the teacher is saying". So I turned and said "What are you talking about? He doesn't have an accent." The Shrimp quickly said "No, I've sat in his class, and he has an accent when he teaches." The when the coordinator looked at him like he was crazy, he said "Well, maybe it's just me?"

Anyway, I heard recently he got caught bad-mouthing the office/program to his students (which he does a lot) and tried to cover it up by saying that he never said that. But someone said "Then where did they get that from? Why would they come in here and say 'he told me that...', unless you did?" He was caught. Now I hear that he's "under a microscope". GOOD! He should have been fired for something he did a LONG time ago. But, I'll leave that story for another post.

No comments: