Friday, June 04, 2004

Yuck.

I'm actually surprised this hadn't happened up to this point.

It was the end of the day, when a student raised her hand, her face looking a bit anxious. She asked, "Do you have something to clean up with? I had a little accident." I didn't know what she was talking about, until she stood up. I noticed she had wrapped her sweater around her waist.

There was a brownish stain on her chair. My first thought was she dropped some chocolate, and was about to say "Don't worry, I'll clean it up later." when I realized what it really was. She was menstruating, and it had seeped through her clothes onto the chair. I caught myself in mid-sentence, "Don't wor.... ry, I'm sure they have something in the office." I brought her back some tissues and some spray cleaner, and she got to work. I did not relish the idea of cleaning up someone else's bodily fluids.

Later on, I noticed she didn't fully get the stain, so I CAREFULLY and CAUTIOUSLY sprayed some more cleaner and rubbed at the stain.

This is the kind of thing women are supposed to ask each other for help with. Not a guy. Yuck.

No comments: