Sunday, February 13, 2005

Food and drinks, pt. 2

So, I have dealt with "Lola". And she seems to have listened. But I have another student, let's call her "Greasey", who is always, always, ALWAYS, eating in the lab. She sneaks a chip, or a cookie, or something all the time. And the thing is, she makes noise as she reaches into her bag. And everytime, EVERYTIME, I tell her that she can't eat at the computer, she says the same thing, "Oh, sorry, I didn't know." The last time, I told her, "I know you don't know, but you have to stop eating at the computers."

I've even told her that I can hear her, I've walked up behind her and "caught" her. Once, she came in eating fried chicken out of a brown paper bag, that was DRIPPING with grease. She pulls her handoutand it's greasy and covered with chicken bits. So she sucks her fingers "clean" and says "Oh, I'd never make a mess at your computers." Riiiight.

I had to ask, "How can you possibly NOT make a mess while eating that chicken?" She replied, "See? My hands are clean." The proceeded to suck the last of the chicken bits off her fingers.

No comments: