Tuesday, February 15, 2005

"Guys are always hitting on me."

I have a co-worker (let's call her "Shirley") who is always telling me how guys hit on her. On the way home, at the laudromat, on line at the supermarket, in her ob-gyn's reception room... She once told me that some guy was hitting on her in an ER waiting room while she was going into labor!

Now, personally, I don't think she's sexy, hot or sensuous. She's married and has children, and is a bit overweight. Maybe there's something about her that certain guys like. I don't know. But I can't imagine guys throwing themselves at her feet almost everyday. Maybe now and then, but not as often as she says. She just recently told me that some teenager offered to buy her a customized SUV... knowing that she's married... and he's not rich... and he's a distant cousin or something... and her husband was there.

Even if so many guys are throwing themselves at her, why does she need to talk about it so often? I'm not interested in her. It's not like co-workers are always talking about people hitting on them.

No comments: